Fan Content and Mod Policy
Our fans are the backbone of Gorilla Tag™, and we continue to be amazed by your enthusiastic engagement with our game, including the creation of fan content and mods inspired by our game. Thank you!
Recognizing that you may have questions about what you can and cannot do with our intellectual property, we have created a guide to help you navigate the use of our intellectual property. So if you plan on using Gorilla Tag characters’ abilities or appearances, names, sayings, scenes, items, stories, logos, or artwork (collectively known as our “Gorilla Tag IP”), please review and make yourself familiar with this policy. We hope that you understand that this policy is in everyone’s best interest, as we have to balance our love of fan content and mods with protecting our intellectual property.
We may modify these guidelines at any time.
1. LIMITED LICENSE
Another Axiom LLC (“we,” “our,” or their derivatives) gives you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non sub-licensable, revocable, and limited license to use, display, and create derivative works based upon our Gorilla Tag IP for your non-commercial, community use.
For any fan content or mod, you must include the following disclaimer in a clear and visible area (such as the mod’s webpage):
“This product is not affiliated with Gorilla Tag or Another Axiom LLC and is not endorsed or otherwise sponsored by Another Axiom LLC. Portions of the materials contained herein are property of Another Axiom LLC. © 2021 Another Axiom LLC.”
We disclaim all liability in connection with your fan content and mods. If any claim or action is brought against us related to your fan content or mods, you may be responsible for our legal fees and any resulting damages. Please see our Terms of Service: Sections R and S for more details.
3. EXAMPLES OF ACCEPTED AND PROHIBITED USES OF OUR GORILLA TAG IP
These examples are not exhaustive. We reserve the right to deny anyone the use of our Gorilla Tag IP at any time, for any reason or no reason, including when we decide, in our sole and absolute discretion, that you are using our Gorilla Tag IP inappropriately. We also reserve the right to issue a formal takedown request for any content that infringes our intellectual property rights. If we deny you the right to use our Gorilla Tag IP, you must stop developing, publishing, or distributing your fan content and/or mods immediately.
Examples of Fan Content and Mods that are Acceptable
- You may create an original mod that does not copy our Gorilla Tag IP and has no monetization features.
- You may create a mod that is commissioned and funded by you and your friends for private use among those users only.
- You may create artwork based on our Gorilla Tag IP and share that artwork on social media. For example, posting artwork on Instagram featuring Gorilla Tag characters with the caption “Check out this fan art I made from the game Gorilla Tag!” is encouraged.
- You may create and sell a small batch of fan merchandise using our Gorilla Tag IP where the merchandise is made by hand or with minimal third-party involvement (e.g., no manufacturer).
- You may play or post videos of you playing Gorilla Tag on Twitch, YouTube, Meta, Twitter, or reddit. Please see our Terms of Service: Section K for more details.
- You may have a Gorilla Tag themed party.
Examples of Fan Content and Mods that are Prohibited
- You may not use our Gorilla Tag IP in a manner that is offensive, vulgar, defamatory, violent, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate and damaging to our Gorilla Tag IP (as determined by us in our sole discretion). This includes, but is not limited to, materials that are racist, sexist, or those that could cause harm to another person.
- You may not use our Gorilla Tag IP to promote alcohol use, tobacco and cannabis use, gambling and betting, drug use, or any kind of illegal activity.
- You may not copy or redistribute our Gorilla Tag IP for any fan content or mods (such as selling copies of Gorilla Tag), or incorporate a third party’s intellectual property into any of your fan content or mods, without that third party’s express permission. Your fan content and mods must be original.
- You may not share fan content or a mod that implies or otherwise states that it is associated with, endorsed, licensed, or authorized by us. For example, you may not put the official Gorilla Tag logo in the center of your content or write something like “Gorilla Tag by Another Axiom.”
- You may not use our Gorilla Tag IP for, or in combination with, any advertising or marketing materials.
- You may not add monetization features within any mod using our Gorilla Tag IP. Donations and subscriptions are not permitted.
- You may not create hacks for Gorilla Tag, or use our Gorilla Tag IP to distribute malicious software or content.
- You may not create clones or ports using our Gorilla Tag IP.
- You may not use your own or third party servers for any mod using our Gorilla Tag IP.
- You may not create or sell prints, t-shirts, or any materials featuring our Gorilla Tag IP on a large-scale basis (100 units or more) or for a commercial use (such as on Kickstarters or other crowdfunded payment options).
- You may not use our Gorilla Tag IP to create or mint NFT’s (non-fungible tokens).
4. LICENSING OPPORTUNITIES
We may consider granting licenses to fans who wish to create content using our Gorilla Tag IP for use and sell within our in-game store. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this opportunity.